[WT-support] Support for WinKeyer version 23?

SM5AJV sm5ajv at qrq.se
Sun Nov 14 22:04:24 CET 2010

K1EL has issued a new WinKyer chip (version 23) with an improved
PTT handling. Now it is possible to send machine CW without
dropping the PTT line at any speed, regardless of how PTT Tail
is set.

But this is NOT working with WinTest!
I think the problem is that WinTest sends canned messages
character by character. If all characters would be sent at once
to the WK-chip (as the N1MM program does) there is no drop
of the PTT-line, regardless of speed.

I would like to see the developers look into this! This has been
an issue for a very long time. The CQWW CW is coming up and I
would really like to have this working in time for the BIG CW
Contest. An update of the WK dialogue would also be nice. The
PTT lead and tail are in 10 ms steps.

The WK v23 documentation can be found at
http://k1el.tripod.com/files/WK2_Datasheet_v23.pdf

Please let me know if I can be of any help, testing etc.

73
Ingo SM5AJV / SE5E