[WT-support] Major log export bug?

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Thu Nov 4 00:08:59 CET 2010

On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 4:01 PM, Mikael Larsmark <mike at sm3wmv.com> wrote:

> OK, but what can one do? I mean reading through the entire log and check
> each qso is not possible with 4800+ qsos.

To find errors like this:

   1. Writelog
   2. Check Text file
   3. Click [Options...]
   4. Select both BAND and FREQ for export as well as other useful fields to
   identify the QSO
   5. Import text file into Excel or similar
   6. Search for band/freq mismatach or use the Data / Sort feature to sort
   by band and freq.

 If the freq is set to 28500, there is just nothing to do. I can't explain
> why it happened by looking at the log
> file only.

Just curious, do you use Shift Binds to Secondary radio?

If by mistake you hold down Alt *and* Shift, and then press Alt-F1 or Alt-F2
by mistake, the band of the secondary radio QSO will be quietly changed, but
maybe not the frequency.

To prevent that from happening, use Tools | Scripts manager and create two
one-line script files containing:

return -1

Then assign the scripts to Alt-Shift-F1 and Alt-Shift-F2, effectively making
them a NO-OP.