[WT-support] IMPORT/MERGE LOG WPX MULTI-TWO with RUN1/RUN2

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Wed Mar 31 19:49:01 CEST 2010

Yann,

There is no easy way that I know of to correct the station number for a
range of QSOs using Win-Test itself (though I think that would be a very
useful feature to add, similar to Tools | Correct Op. over a QSO range).

I assume the two PCs were not networked, so each log has different QSOs in
it.

If you are comfortable with powerful text editors (more powerful than
Notepad or Wordpad), you could export the 2nd station's log to Cabrillo
format (via the WRITELOG command), change the last column in the .LOG file
(station) from 0 to 1 (RUN1=0, RUN2=1), then re-import the Cabrillo file
into Win-Test (File | Import | Cabrillo ...) to create a new .wt4 file with
a corrected station number.  Then you can merge this .WT4 log with the other
one using File | Close followed by File | Merge logs.

If you don't have a text editor that can fix the last column easily, send me
the .WT4 file (zipped) and I can do it for you.  Note that precise timestamp
and frequency information for the 2nd station's QSOs will be lost if this
method is used.

Another way to do it is to combine the two .LOG files into a single text
file (one with Station 0 and the other with Station 1) then resort the QSO
records by timestamp.  Again, if you send me both .LOG files (zipped), I can
do this for you as well.

If the two PCs *were* networked, then the only way to fix the log is to
export the .WT4 file as .TXT, including Station NAME (e.g. STN1, STN2), then
do some fancy text editing to translate STN1 to "0", STN2 to "1", then paste
this column of 0s and 1s into the last column of the Cabrillo file.