[WT-support] Win Test sound card dvk ??

KL7RA kl7ra at ptialaska.net
Wed Mar 31 09:06:17 CEST 2010

> None of the eight PC's here put DC on the soundcard mic and the Heil "IC" headsets
> no longer work using the Win-Test DVK option unless I bypass the soundcard by a
> relay.

N6TV just pointed out to me that if you use a stereo plug as shown in the manual you do
get 5 VDC on the ring. Randy's drawing shows him floating this DC. There is no DC on
the tip on any of my PC soundcards.

The regulators can handle a dead short using mono plugs but it would be better to
float that DC. Heil IC mics use mono plugs so if you use the soundcard  DC to power
the Heil IC mic it would require wiring the interface box correctly. This may be a better
option then using the relay to get DC to the HC element instead of the radio but I haven't
tested it yet. The Icom radio uses 8VDC and these soundcards are 5VDC.

73 Rich KL7RA