[WT-support] V 3.27 DEV

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Fri Mar 26 03:12:41 CET 2010

I can find no evidence that the cut number / oblast problem has been fixed
in any copy of Win-Test Version 3.  The V3 release.txt
file<http://download.win-test.com/v3/nightly/release.txt>has not been
updated.  The Win-Test
V4 release.txt file
<http://download.win-test.com/v4/nightly/release.txt>indicates the
problem was fixed in  4.3

But there are other issues:

   1. http://download.win-test.com/files/country/ doesn't contain a file
   named OBLASTS.DAT, though it is being distributed with Win-Test V4 full
   install
   2. http://download.win-test.com/files/country/CTY_OBL.DAT is dated 2006,
   and it incorrectly has Sakha abbreviated as SH instead of YA.  The
   CTY_OBL.DAT file distributed with Win-Test V4 looks OK.

On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 3:04 AM, Steve and Judy <hodgson at cytanet.com.cy>wrote:

>  Hi All, where do I find  the V3 ''DEV'' download which fixes the RDXC
> oblasts problem.

http://download.win-test.com/v3/nightly/wt_dev.zip

but I also see nothing in Release.txt in the zip to indicate that the cut
number / oblast problem has been fixed in V3.  Maybe it *was* fixed but the
Release.txt file didn't get updated at the same time.

The newest version of WT 3 (3.27.1) is at

http://download.win-test.com/v3/bin/wt-3.27.1.exe

but it hasn't been updated since August, 2009.

Make sure you have good data in CTY_OBL.DAT.  If it shows the abbreviation
SH for Sakha instead of YA, it is wrong.

The CTY_OBL.DAT file at http://download.win-test.com/files/country/ hasn't
been updated since 2006 despite the note in release.txt v 3.11 (from 2007)
that it will be updated.