[WT-support] update the scp file WT V4 and XP

KL7RA kl7ra at ptialaska.net
Thu Mar 25 10:28:20 CET 2010

I'm convinced some users may be using old scp files for the WPX this weekend.
We have been using old files since we upgraded to V4.

If you have updated your file after March check and see if KL7R is in the
data base by the SCP window. This is a quick check as this call was reissued
and has been used in a recent contest to be in the latest database.
          (my bad luck, - KL7RA)

Also right click and see what file was loaded. If it says HF.dtb then this is the
wrong one even with an updated date.

If you are using an old file the following steps works for me using WT V4 and
Windows XP.

Close Win-test.  (the update data files click does not work for this)
Go to http://www.supercheckpartial.com/ and download the master.scp
file to the following location:

C:documents and settings
all users
application data

(if application data is not listed in (All Users) folder  go to tools, folder option, view,
hidden files and folders, click the "show files" button and then apply. It was hidden
by Windows but I have no clue why they do this??

win-test
data base

and send the file there. Do not rename it even though it shows master without an
extension.

Restart Win-test and you will see it load the file called Master.scp.

The hope is this will be automated and just a click, maybe for the update data
base click?

Hopefully this post will help a few that may also be behind tying to catch up with
all the changes. My errors were using the "update database button and renaming
the file with an extension. Both don't work.

Again this is for XP, and thanks to Bob, N6TV for giving me some valuable clues.

73 Rich  KL7RA   not KL7R this weekend.....