[WT-support] Big trouble with log integrity

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Tue Mar 2 12:53:35 CET 2010

Hi Luc

Luc Favre a écrit :

> Recently I participate with the REF-contest using V3 reaching over 1000
> QSO. The log was open during the whole contest duration, whithout
> closing it. No SW message nor other incident. Just note that diskspace
> was very scarce on the computer (Windowx 2000).
> Ater the contest, I closed the log and reloaded it, just to have a look
> : only the 690 first QSO are recorded. Do you have any idea what
> happened and what to do ?

1/ Are you sure you're reloading the right file ? Just in case...

2/ Have you enabled the automatic backup before starting ?

3/ Have you done a "WRITELOG" or a "SAVELOG" at the end of the contest,
before closing the file ?

4/ I guess you had only one machine, and no networked machine to ensure
a "silent backup" ?

5/ The strangest thing is that you didn't get any error message while
running the contest *or* during log reloading. Any error message in the
Event Viewer of Win2K ? Send me *privately* your wtb file. I'll check it.