[WT-support] Radio and Headphone Switching

Roger Parsons ve3zi at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 28 16:17:30 CEST 2010

I have been using WinTest for a while as a nice replacement for Writelog. My homebrew interface uses the Writelog keyer chip which provides switching for radios and audio paths. For various reasons I want to abandon the Writelog keyer and use Winkey instead which does not include audio switching. (And although Winkey can provide CW/PTT switching I do not want to use it as my interface includes connection to my remote site.)

So far as I can see Wintest provides the switching functions I need either over a parallel port, or over a USB port into various proprietary units. Am I correct in thinking there is no serial port alternative available?

Thanks

73 Roger
VE3ZI