[WT-support] Rotator Control

John Wayman g4drs at btinternet.com
Mon Jun 7 19:34:55 CEST 2010

Hello,
I have just built a LVB Tracker rotator control box. It emulates a Yaesu controller and uses the GS232 command set.
It works fine with Logger32, but I can't get it to work with WT.
The small rotator window comes up and, when I click 'Initialise' in the wt-rotator window, the small green icon 'CON' lights up briefly, but only for a couple of seconds. If I right-click on the rotator window and select a bearing, 30 degrees, for example, the wt-rotator window shows a message like 'turning rotator 1 to 30 degrees'. The rotator does not move, however.
If I close WT and run L32, it works just fine.
Does anyone have this combination working? If so, what am I doing wrong? I have tried everything I can think of, but no luck so far. Correction, the only thing I have thought of and not tried is whether the contest type affects whether the rotator works - I was using RSGB R1 FD rules this weekend. It seems unlikely, but I will try it with a different template.

73,

John,
G4DRS