[WT-support] ITU.DTB in WRTC Version - Try ITU.XDT instead

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Fri Jun 4 23:29:17 CEST 2010

On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 1:24 PM, Tõnno Vähk <Tonno.Vahk at gafm.ee> wrote:

> p.s. when can we expect the new WRTC release? Restoring the ITU.DTB is
> very important!  We really need some time to test it as well..

Instead of ITU.DTB, we can use the Extra Data Files feature (Alt+X) with the
WRTC version to see ITU HQ data from a text file (.XDT file, like a Names
database).  I actually prefer this window to the "prefill" that occurs when
you use ITU.DTB (a binary file that is difficult to edit).

As a starting point, I copied last year's HQ data from
http://www.dailydx.com/iaru-09.htm and edited it into a sorted text file
(attached).  If someone knows where to find more up-to-date info., please
let me know.

   1. Download ITU.xdt (attached), or from
http://www.kkn.net/~n6tv/ITU.xdtand remember where you saved it (In
Firefox, Ctrl-J, right click, Open
   Containing Folder)
   2. Open WT 4.5 WRTC Version and select File, Explore, /extras directory
   3. Drag and drop ITU.xdt into that directory
   4. Select Options | Data Files  | Default Extra Data Files
   5. Check ITU.xdt and press [ OK ]
   6. Press Alt-X to display the Extra Data Files window
   7. Right click to change the colors to your preference
   8. Enter an HQ callsign like 8N1HQ or ZW5HQ in the logging window and
   note the contents of the Extra Data window

Note:  if you change the contents of ITU.XDT while Win-Test still has the
file open, results are unpredictable; type REOPENNOW [ Enter ] in the
callsign field to reload the current Win-Test log and the .XDT file.