[WT-support] WRTC version

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Wed Jun 2 22:49:22 CEST 2010

Hi Bob

Bob I.2.WIJ a écrit :

> I think the only thing to add is the use of the ITU.DTB.

As you know, the databases are not allowed in the WRTC. And, as it is
the same DTB file that is also used for exchange guessing, I'm afraid
you will have to forget it. In other words, if a DTB file were allowed
in Win-Test, it would be _automatically_ used for check partials and N+1
(which is clearly against the rules - see 7.5).

That is not a big problem, IMHO, as :

1/ HQ callsigns are not always the same along the years, and thus the
ITU.DTB would be incomplete or/and contain mistakes.
2/ All top-notch contesters entrants of the WRTC already know by heart
all these "exchanges".