[WT-support] from WPX - WK and bandmap

Simon Schelkshorn simon at schelkshorn.de
Tue Jun 1 09:42:39 CEST 2010

An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------

On Mon, May 31, 2010 at 1:16 PM, Tõnno Vähk <Tonno.Vahk at gafm.ee> wrote:
1. I used MicroKeyer II with WT and ORION for the first time in WinKey mode. Otherwise OK but sometimes the speed of the exchange message jumped way up making me repeat the number. It jumped for 1 message only. The message under F2 was "++++ENN---- $SERIAL". So ENN was sent as intended and then I guess Serial even faster. Is this a know issue with WinKey? Any ideas how to get rid of it?

I used to see this issue when "By Both" was selected in the WKSETUP dialog (Options | Winkey Configuration ...).  Setting the Winkey speed by both the Winkey pot and by Win-Test commands is "not recommended," because keeping them 100% in sync. could never be guaranteed.  I haven't seen the speed up issue since I selected speed change "only by the Win-Test commands."

I have seen this very few times! WK is set to "only by Win-Test commands". Seems to be related to the "++" and "--" commands
in the CW macro. Haven't encountered this problem after removing them from the macro. I'm using Microham MKII.

BTW: There still is the problem that you sometimes have to press ESC after combining computer and paddle CW to get
computer CW working again.

vy 73, Simon (DJ4MZ)