[WT-support] WT running in DEMO mode

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Thu Jul 1 20:12:45 CEST 2010

You're right, there's a problem with the latest nightly builds of wt_dev (or
an undocumented change in policy).

If you re-install 4.5.0-dev from the nightly archives (e.g. from June 6th),
wt_dev runs fine, no new registration code required.

But if you install the latest version, 4.5.1-dev, from
http://download.win-test.com/v4/nightly, it comes up as 4.5.1-DEMO, and
Help, Register Software shows that it is the free demo version that cannot
be registered (or used in a real contest due to random time-outs, I
presume).