[WT-support] Fwd: REF Contest MULTI-OP and Band Change

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Mon Jan 11 19:00:55 CET 2010

On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 3:23 AM, Patrick Egloff <pegloff at gmail.com> wrote:

> SW is there to help the busy, tired operator.
>
> An alert would be enough, no need to lock anything...

The QSY column in the Status
Window<http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/Menu:Windows#Status>(Alt-J) is
supposed to indicate when it is OK to QSY for contests that have
a 10-minute rule.  I'm not sure how it works for contests that limit band
changes per hour, but instead of a countdown timer, it could display "number
of band changes remaining."

On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 12:56 AM, Yann - F1NGP <f1ngp at ref-union.org> wrote:

> It's better not to log a QSO due to the rules than cheat the log after the
> contest to fit the rules :-(

If you are making QSOs but not logging them, your log can be disqualified.
So "not logging a QSO" is not recommended.  Maybe you meant "It is better
not to MAKE a QSO due to the rules than to edit the log afterwards," which I
agree 100%.