[WT-support] Contest recorder

Ulf, DL5AXX dl5axx at ehrlich-family.de
Fri Feb 26 16:45:47 CET 2010

GM all,

After the recording worked during CQWW-CW at CR3L, I tried the same now at
J38XX.
The difference between CR3L and J38XX is the used Sound Device. On Madeira
we used the internal Soundcard, while we had on Grenada 2 microHam MKII.

Both laptops stoped recording after completing a different number of files
(I checked rotate each 20MB).
The contest recorder windows shows in the second row '???' and the third
line shows 'Size: 20MB' on one laptop and 'Free: 113GB'.
If I want to start the recording again, the box where I can check the
autostart appears, but thats all...

Configuration:

Wintest 4.4.0

Recorder:     Sound Device: microham CODEC
              Available MPEG Codecs: LAME MP§ Codec v0.9.2-3.98.2
              Sample Reate: 22050Hz
              Bit Rate: 64 kBit/s
              Rotate each 20MB

Also the file information shows different Encoding...
most files: 64kBit/s, 22050Hz as configured
some files: 56kBit/s, 22050Hz
some files: 96kBit/s, 22050Hz
one file: empty

Any hints?