[WT-support] One more question

Fulvio Galli hb9dhg at ticino.com
Tue Dec 7 23:58:42 CET 2010

On Dec 7, 2010, at 11:51 PM, Bob Wilson, N6TV wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 7, 2010 at 2:38 PM, Fulvio Galli <hb9dhg at ticino.com> wrote:
> >
> > I have a "short" keyboard that doesn't provide the INSERT button (the ones without numeric pad)
> > Is there a workaround for that ?
> >
> > Yes, use DEFINEKEYS as shown in the Wiki here.  The screen shot suggests adding semicolon [;] as a synonym for  [INSERT], quote ['] as a synonym [PLUS].  These work really well for a touch-typist using a U.S. keyboard, and I believe N1MM uses them as defaults as well.  I am not sure if those keys are convenient on a European keyboard, so use whatever two keys are between the [L] and the [Enter] keys.
>
> ahhh sorry Bob, I didn't found that page.
> As far I know .. I need first, to connect a REAL keyboard .. and define the keys .. then
> I can re-connect my short keyboard. Thanks for getting me in the right direction.
>
> First, I assume you mean the keypad Plus [+] key, not the Insert key.  All keyboards have to have an Insert key. :-)

I mean both ;-)
http://www.apple.com/keyboard/
This is why I asked for hi hi..
No problem .. I have  spare keyboard and will remap the keys as the wiki suggest

> This section of the Wiki explains how to access and reprogram the equivalent key when you don't have a numeric keypad.  Basically you have to shift into NumLock mode temporarily to access the equivalent of the numeric keypad [+] key, which will be in a different color on some other key, such as the "/" or "?" key.
>
> If you can't figure it out, please send me a photograph of your keyboard.

Bob, thanks.. you've spent lot of your time to answer my questions
and I do appreciate. Now is the time that I do the job hi hi.
Thanks all the list for the big patience and sorry I've monopolized this thread .. but I hope it will be useful to others.

Vy 73 de HB9DHG Fulvio