[WT-support] CW Msg INSERT delay

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Sun Dec 5 01:36:54 CET 2010

Does it happen every time or only occasionally?

Are you keying the radio with a microHAM device, a WinKey, a real COM port,
a real LPT port, or a USB-to-Serial adapter?

   1. If Winkey, set PTT lead time to 0 in WKSETUP
   2. If microHAM, set PTT lead time to 0 in the microHAM PTT tab
   3. If COM port or LPT port, set "PTT ON delay" to 0 in Win-Test SETUP

If microHAM, make sure the audio sampling bar graphs are disabled.

Can you watch the Windows Task Manager CPU usage meter?  Do you see it spike
up when you see the delay?

Make sure the task named spoolsv.exe isn't running (disable print spooler).

How much memory is on your computer?  You need 1 GB at least to run
WindowsXP and Win-Test.

Finally, sometimes all that is necessary when using a microHAM device is to
type SETUP [Enter] [Enter] to reset all Winkey / microHAM communications.