[WT-support] Speed jumps up occasionally

Simon Schelkshorn simon at schelkshorn.de
Sat Dec 4 21:32:33 CET 2010

Hi Bob and all others,

I have the impression that several different problems related to
speed jumps are mixed up in this task. Separating the different
problems may be hard (also when debugging).

> DJ4MZ opened Task
> #234<http://flyspray.win-test.com/index.php?do=details&id=234>re.
> Winkey speed jumps back in January of 2009.  It may explain the root
> cause.  He was using MKII/MK2R.  Please try with standalone Winkey USB using
> his step-by-step procedure.  Same result?
Even though this task is still in status "unconfirmed" and has never
been mentioned in the release.txt I consider it as being completed.
Sure I can not say if the problem we are facing at the moment is
related to the same root cause or not.

I can also confirm the sporadic speed changes, as far as I can
remember only towards very high speed, and always jumping back to the
correct speed after the programmed messages ends. And yes this is
very likely related to the ++ and -- commands. Up to now I was unable
to reproduce it.

Bob you mentioned to always use a speedpot range of 20WPM to 60WPM.
Maybe this is part of the problem. I always use the Microham default
values 15WPM/40WPM, but of course with synchronized speed, controlled
only by WT. Task #235 (also unconfirmed) is also related to these
settings. Unfortunately I do not have my MKII available at the moment
to retest.

vy 73
Simon, DJ4MZ