[WT-support] Win-Test version 4.7.0 is now available

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Fri Dec 3 19:42:42 CET 2010

On Fri, Dec 3, 2010 at 8:35 AM, Harold Aaron <hsa at hughes.net> wrote:

> If routinely downloading dev versions is there a need to download 4.7
> or 4.7 update?

The 4.7 update is similar to the dev versions in that it only updates the
.exe files.  It should be sufficient.

The "full version" is much larger because it includes all the documentation
from the Win-Test Wiki in HTML form, and lots of .png (image files).

I prefer to download the Wiki documentation in PDF format because it is
searchable.

So in sum:

   1. Download the update from
   http://download.win-test.com/v4/bin/wt-4.7.0-update.exe  (6.4 MB,
   password required)
   2. Run the update program
   3. Download the updated documentation from
   http://download.win-test.com/docs/en/manual.pdf (11 MB)
   (the zip file in that directory contains the HTML updates, so I generally
   don't download it)

and you are good to go.

Note the Release.txt file (installed with the update) has the most recent
info. Updating the Wiki manual is a volunteer effort; we can't always keep
up with all the changes, but we try.