[WT-support] update an specific call for a country

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Wed Dec 1 20:02:54 CET 2010

On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 9:47 AM, py5eg <py5eg at iesa.com.br> wrote:

>  I would like to include on my country file an specific country i.e   KC4
> zone 38 Antartica.
>
> What should I do?

Wait a little while longer for AD1C to issue an update, then download it
using Win-Test.

Or if you are comfortable using a text editor, you could edit the country
file in use and add the second line shown below, after the existing
"Antarctica:" line:

Antarctica:               13:  74:  SA:  -90.00:     0.00:     0.0:  CE9:
    =KC4/*callsign*(38),

Both the leading "=" and the trailing comma must be there.  Both are very
important.  Of course you have to change *callsign* to the actual call
letters of the station that you worked.

To find out which country file you are using, type COUNTRYFILES [Enter] in
the logging window.  It is probably CTY_WT_MOD.DAT.

To locate CTY_WT_MOD.DAT, do File | Explore | /countryfiles directory

Note that most KC4xxx stations are *not* in Antarctica, but in the USA, so
every specific KC4/xxxxx callsign needs to be listed.