[WT-support] Issues from ES9C

Patrick 9A5CW pat.9a5cw at gmail.com
Wed Dec 1 13:29:25 CET 2010

Hi all,
Tonno>
3. A serious issue with $CORRECT. It seems that when the callsign field is
empty at the time when e.g. a message of $CORRECT TU ES9C is run the
$CORRECT send some totally wrong old callsign. Sometimes a call worked tens
of QSOs ago. I can't test is now on my laptop (it does not produce CW sound
for some reason) to systemize the bug but there is definitely a bug. I would
say that $CORRECT needs to be ignored when callsign field is empty, right?
This caused a lot of headaches for our RUN ops constantly when they had
already entered a QSO but needed to send TU message. Bob, maybe you can test
this bug to see what is the stuff that $CORRECT is sending when the callsign
field is empty.

Didnt note that, in big pile-ups we mostly press enter (log a qso) then to
confirm it by press + on the Numeric Pad, never had such problem with WT4.

4. I tried the Download Files through the Network command for the first time
after the contest to pull all the logs to one computer. It does not work.
Did not matter which networked PC I tried the message came up: "transfer
canceled. Reason: Unzip: can't open file 'C\Doc.\Temp\WT_EA.tmp'". What is
wrong?
The same thing happend to us @ 9A1P this year and in 2009 when contest was
over, there where 3 laptops networked, also note that download speed was vy
slow.

73, Patrik 9A5CW

9A5CW - Patrik Hrvatin