[WT-support] computer code

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Tue Aug 31 19:29:46 CEST 2010

On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 6:27 AM, Jorge Diez - CX6VM <
cx6vm.jorge at adinet.com.uy> wrote:

> I needed to uninstall WT because of a virus alert.

It is very unlikely that Win-Test is a virus.   See this
entry<http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/FAQ:Problems_Registering_and_Running#My_Virus_scanner_reports_that_Win-Test_is_a_Virus.21>in
the Win-Test FAQ for the full explanation.

Downloaded v 4.5.1 and installed it, but I couldn´t see the computer code
> when I go to help/register software
>
> Any idea what I am doing wrong?

It sounds like you downloaded and installed the demo version of Win-Test
4.5.1 from the V4 demo directory
<http://download.win-test.com/v4/demo/>instead of using the V4 bin
directory <http://download.win-test.com/v4/bin/>.  The bin directory will
prompt you to enter the userid (your callsign) and password that you
received in an email when you purchased Win-Test.