[WT-support] Cannot get rig control or CW sending to work

Peter Rimmel n8pr at bellsouth.net
Fri Apr 30 22:32:12 CEST 2010

I have searched the archives to no avail on these two problems. First let me
assure you readers that these items were working with Win-Test 3.xx.  I have
upgraded to win_test 4.4.0

Tow of the 3 are registered, and the thrid will not register, but that is
another problem.  All 3 computers are IBM thinkpad laptops running Win XP
Pro.  They have 2 USB ports and 1 LPT DB25 plug.  All worked with Ver 3.xx

CW Send:  The interface is a simple resistor and 2n2222 connected to pin 17
and has worked for years, and works with other programs on these and other
computers.  I have run the DLPortIO.exe file, even though it was previously
installed and working.  My LPT1 port configuration in the laptops all run at
3BC not 378, and the programs are configured that way.  only one of the 3
will key the rig... any suggestions?

Rig Control:  None of the 3 copmputers talk to the rigs -- Icom 756 PRO III
& IC 7000.  I have configured everything I can find, with buad rates,
parity, etc all the same as previous (I prefer 9600 baud to 19200)  I cannot
find anywhere to tell the Win-Test program the Hex address of the radios.
Is there a place for that? I don't recall one...  All use a USB port with
C-IV interface to the rigs.  THese laptops all work properly with other
programs (i.e. Logger 32, etc.)
Any suggestions as to what to look for tht is blocking the links?

Having them working previously, and not on 4.4.0 is really frustrating.
Nothing on the laptops have changed.

If you wonder why 3 laptops - one for home, one for the RV and one for
backup that can be in either place.

73, PeteR  N8PR