[WT-support] RunSPSwitch.wts

Clive Whelan clive.whelan at btinternet.com
Thu Sep 10 01:17:19 CEST 2009

Ron

Firstly ensure that you have an adequate supply of Valium and Prozac to
hand ;-)

Then download v 4.2.0-dev rev 168 from the nightly build directory,
dated 2009/09/07 and install it .

Then save this chunk of code ( from the release notes file) between the
snips as RunSPSwitch.wts in the scripts directory ( use Notepad say or
your favourite text editor) , which is at c:\Documents and Settings\All
Users\Application Data\Win-test\Scripts

<snip>
if (wtApp:IsPostKeyProcess()) then
    if (wtQso:IsOperatingModeRun()) then
      wtApp:SetWindowColor(-1, 0, 165, 165);
    else
      wtApp:SetWindowColor(-1, 128,128,128);
    end;
  else
    return 1; -- Triggers a post key process call
  end;

<snip>

As an aside I personally don't like those colours so my own are respectively

(-1, 255, 255, 0)

and

(-1, 200,200,255)

being yellow for run and lilac for S&P. This is very personal of course,
and the three last groups of digits represent R,G,B respectively. so
that (-1,0,0,0) would be white I think. With a little experimentation
you can brew your own palette.

Now in WT go to Tools|Script Manager  and you should see the
RunSPSwitch.wts script you have just saved listed there. You can then
just assign this to Ctrl-Tab ( or another combo if you prefer). Then
switching in the usual way should change the colour of the log window to
what you have set. This is regardless of whether you are using ESM or
otherwise.

I think I've got this right from memory, but it's after midnight local
time here now, so if not, that's where the Valium and Prozac in step one
will come in handy! Don't worry if you don't get it right first time, as
I almost never do, but then I'm challenged in the cybernetics department
so you'll probably do better.

73

Clive
GW3NJW

Ron Castro wrote:
> Yes...I'm QRV!  How do I do set that up?
>
>            Ron  N6IE
>        www.N6IE.com

>>> GW3NJW