[WT-support] RTTY- grabbing highlighted callsigns

Laurent HAAS - F6FVY f6fvy at free.fr
Mon Sep 7 21:04:28 CEST 2009

Hi

Bob Wilson, N6TV a écrit :

> On Mon, Sep 7, 2009 at 10:06 AM, Laurent HAAS - F6FVY <f6fvy at free.fr
> <mailto:f6fvy at free.fr>> wrote:
>
>     It is not designed to work in Advanced SO2R. That may be the cause.
>

> Thanks for solving the mystery, but why is it designed to work like that?

(snip)

I don't have the slightest idea on that ;-)  I just read the sources and
found it. I guess Olivier who wrote this had a good reason at that time,
but it's not mentioned.

> When operating RTTY in SO2R Advanced mode, it seems like [Insert] should
> work the same as it does when operating CW, except that WT grabs the
> appropriate highlighted call instead of assuming that you are entering
> it manually.

I don't know if it is related, but MMTTY doesn't "echo" characters when
they're sent. It is somewhat different from the CW, and especially to
switch TX - that's not possible in the middle of a message, contrary to CW.

In the meantime, you can try the workaround I mentioned in my previous
post (or even adapt it to send the Insert message too). The
wtKeyer:GrabHighlightedCallsign() function works even in Advanced SO2R.