[WT-support] "Out of memory" in V 3.27.1

Win Kriegl DK9IP/KH7CD dk9ip at dk9ip.de
Mon Oct 19 17:32:34 CEST 2009

Hi,

although this is related to old Win-Test Version 3.27.1, I´d like to report a strange
behaviour during WAG contest last weekend.

After flawlessly running for about 23 hours and more than 2000 QSOs, Win-Test at the
Multiplier station presented a pop-up window "Out of memory". Pressing the "OK" button
wouldn´t close the window and also Win-test could not be terminated any more (had to use
the task manager). At about the same time (was observed not until later) the "Out of
memory" window appeared also on a notebook in the network. After replacing the MULT-PC
with a new machine the same thing occured there, too. About 1 minute after starting
Win-Test the Pop-Up window would occur. During the minute before "Out of memory" Win-Test
was fully operational with QSOs coming over the network etc.

This problem didn´t show up on the RUN-PC (thank god) which is hardware-identical to the
MULT PC.

I don´t think this is really a memory problem as the same PC setup was used in IARU HF
with more than 20.000 QSOs logged. Strangely enough the problem occured on every PC in the
network (including a newly connected machine) but the RUN-PC, regardless of memory size.

Any ideas or similar observations ?

73 de Win DK9IP