[WT-support] Spaces preceding # Lua calls

Clive Whelan clive.whelan at btinternet.com
Mon Oct 12 12:17:38 CEST 2009

Larry

Just f.y.i.

The problem is definitely caused by a space in the text before the Lua #
call, and is equivalent to about 100 or 150mS per space at 32 w.p.m. The
execution of the Lua script call therefore is essentially instantaneous.

Having eliminated the single space that I had inserted in the message
now means that my PTT tail is 50mS which is what is set in the PTT tab
of the router software for the MK2R+. This is fast enough not to chop
anything from the first dot of even fast QSK callers and yet sufficient
not to allow the PTT to drop out between message ( or paddle sent)
characters at slower speeds. I have used QSK for over 30 yeras now, but
in SO2R it's largely irrelevant as one is invariably listening on the
other radio when the primary radio is transmitting. Encore, tu peut
choisir ton gout!

73

Clive
GW3NJW