[WT-support] Gray line and sunrise/sunset calculations in Win-Test

José Nunes CT1BOH ct1boh at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 11:32:05 CEST 2009

Hi Bob

It was last year, during a visit to Paris, overlooking the Eifel Tower in a
nice penthouse hotel bar, that I asked Laurent to develop the enhanced F10
window with Day/night/sunrise/sunset/midday/midnight/twilight information
for both ends of a QSO.

In my original request drawing for the window
http://docs.google.com/present/view?id=0AeI2eiAw5l2LZGhyYzZmc2ZfOWY5OGhqcmR3&hl=en
you
can check that I asked for +/- 1 hour around sunrise/sunset.

+/- 1 hour around sunrise/sunset is better to alert the operator of special
things that happen on the bands around sunrise/sunset. Gray line is for more
specific openings, just after sunset and just after sunrise - my personal
experience, operating around the world from very different locations.

Laurent tried several combinations, for example
http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AeI2eiAw5l2LZGhyYzZmc2ZfNDNkcjh6ampkeg&hl=en

but in the end the shades around SS/SR and the time on top  of SS/SR were
removed.

I guess we were stuck with two objects, the line of SS/SR and the shades.
This is solved by your proposal of not two objects but just one, an area,
around SS/SR. It looks better.

When it comes to colours, day/night I prefer yellow/black than your proposal
of ligth blue or dark blue.

73
José
CR3E / CT1BOH