[WT-support] VFO tuning via HID?

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Sun Nov 15 11:00:24 CET 2009

I have just updated my LUA scripts for the Elecraft K3 to include RIT and
VFO control, so now you can control your K3's RIT from the keyboard with
Win-Test 4.

I also tested both using a Griffin Powermate, and it works best as an
outboard RIT knob for the active radio.  I just assigned the LUA scripts to
keys as follows:

RITUp.wts    to Shift-Up Arrow     PowerMate:  Clockwise turn
RITDown.wts  to Shift-Down Arrow   PowerMate:  Counter-clockwise turn
ClearRIT.wts to Shift-Right Arrow  PowerMate:  Tap knob

I used the PowerMate software to make this USB knob emulate Win-Test
keystrokes whenever Win-Test has the focus.  I set it for "maximum
sensitivity."

The K3 DVR scripts have also been updated so that they only activate the K3
DVR (internal voice keyer) when the QSO is a *phone* contact, otherwise they
do the normal function of F1-F4 (play CW or RTTY messages), so now you can
use these scripts in a mixed-mode contest like the upcoming ARRL 10m
contest.

Download these new version of the Elecraft K3 Win-Test LUA scripts from:

http://www.kkn.net/~n6tv/K3scripts.zip (See Readme.txt)

It should be possible to modify these scripts to work with other types of
radios if you can figure out the radio-specific commands.  See the Omni-Rig
INI Files <http://www.dxatlas.com/OmniRig/Files/RigIni.zip> for radio
control functions for many different radios.