[WT-support] Configuring radio interface.

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Tue Nov 10 05:17:59 CET 2009

On Sat, Nov 7, 2009 at 12:12 PM, Albert Crespo <f5vhj at orange.fr> wrote:

>  What com port does Win Test tell you is available when you go to the
> interface window?
> Also, check your control panel in windows to see what com port is available

Good questions Al.  What say Chris?

Radio and Navigator configured. All other programmes working good.

What COM port do they use for the radio port?  What is* Navigator CAT* set
to in the DM-780 software?  See Page 1 of:

http://www.usinterface.com/linked/dm780setup.pdf

WinTest will not let me change from COM 3 to the one I need to!

Are you saying that COM3 is the *only* COM port that is not "Grayed out" in
the Win-Test SETUP menu (aka "Configure Interfaces")?  The COM port defined
as Navigator CAT port cannot be set to "Radio 1" in the drop-down list?

>  US Interface Navigator. Interface for digi modes etc.

This is a USB device like a microHAM that appears to provide several virtual
COM ports, and you connect a cable from the DB-25 connector on the Navigator
to your radio's CAT connector.

 Just setting up wintest on my new lap top for use with my FT2000 and
> Navigator interface and all it iwll allow me to do is use com port 3. As
> myradio is not connected to this, and neither is the navigator I am having
> problems getting the radio to interface.

Since it's a new laptop I assume it has no physical serial ports (no COM1 or
COM2).

Can you please send me a screen shot of your Win-Test SETUP screen?  If only
COM3 is "black", then somehow Win-Test is not compatible with the virtual
serial ports provided by this device (or the driver or "router" software was
not running *before *you started Win-Test).

What version of Windows are you using?  Do you see all the Navigator virtual
serial ports listed under Windows Device Manager under "Eltima Virtual
Serial Ports" or similar?  (Start | Run | devmgmt.msc )