[WT-support] CW message loop?

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Tue Nov 10 04:54:19 CET 2009

On Sun, Nov 8, 2009 at 4:35 PM, Rich Hallman - N7TR <rich at n7tr.com> wrote:

>  Anyone else noticed that sometimes when hitting the F1 key in CW or the
> INS key it will send the message several times until you hit the ESC key to
> kill it?  Noticed this in SS CW a few times already….

The only time that I have seen that happen is when I accidentally press
these keys more than once in a row, or hold them down too long, so that they
start repeating.

Check the keyboard *Repeat Delay* in Windows Control Panel->Keyboard.  Try
setting a really LONG delay to see if that helps.

Computer RFI could also cause Windows to see multiple keypresses even though
you only pressed the key once.  If you are using a wireless keyboard,
perhaps RF is interfering with it?  That seems unlikely *unless* there are
relay timing issues that can cause a wideband "arc" (sounds like popping
noise) whenever the relay closes at the start of a CQ or Insert message?

But the mostly likely cause may simply be that the keyboard Repeat Delay is
set too short.