[WT-support] Contest Recorder

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Thu Nov 5 23:17:10 CET 2009

On Thu, Nov 5, 2009 at 1:51 PM, Thorvaldur Stefansson
<otradalur at gmail.com>wrote:

> when I play back a sound file recorded by the Contest Recorder the player
> displays this message:
>
> TF4M - HF DXPEDITION RTTY 001
>
> You may see this at http://tf4m.com/archives/1285
>
> The problem is that the recording is from working in CW not RTTY.
>
> Is there a way to edit this somewhere?

Yes, you can use Windows to edit the Title tag of the MP3 file directly:

   1. Start | Run | explorer "C:\Program Files\Win-Test"   (or whatever
   directory contains the MP3 file)
   2. Right click on the MP3 file
   3. Select Properties
   4. Select the Summary tab
   5. Change the Title and press [Apply]
   6. Press [OK]

You can also press the [Advanced] button to edit other info. (Artist, Album
title, Year, etc.)