[WT-support] WIN-TEST in RSGB COMMONWEALTH CONTEST

Don Beattie g3ozf at btinternet.com
Mon Mar 16 15:42:08 CET 2009

Hi Larry/Olivier,

I have just done the 2009 RSGB Commonwealth contest, and again WT was superb.

We're very flattered that you have included a Commonwealth module in the WT package - and it works great. Interesting to see a number of non-European stations complaining that they could not find a logging program that handled the contest properly. A number of us have explained that WT does !

Anyway, I have one request - and I know you are not doing upgrades on V3. But for V4 could you consider the following:

When entering a call, you get the message under the logging window "new country" for the FIRST QSO with a new valid call area. But the Commonwealth Contest is odd, in that the first THREE QSOs with each call area are bonus QSOs. It would be a great feature if it said "new country" for each of the first three per band.

Yes, I know that there is the Alt-M facility, but in the heat of the contest, it is quite hard to search in the detailed mult list to check. A message under the callsign entry field would be superb.

I wonder if you could consider for V4 ?

73 - and thanks again for a great package.

Don, G3BJ