[WT-support] Controlling the VFO from the keyboard

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Wed Jun 10 01:05:09 CEST 2009

Can you run CW Skimmer remotely (do you have sufficient bandwidth to view
the waterfall display in real time)?  If so, you could "click" on a signal
in the waterfall display to move your transceiver, which would be much
faster than tuning.  This requires additional support from wtDxTelnet to
interpret the "User clicked on xx.xxx.x MHz" message generated by CW
Skimmer's telnet server, and then Win-Test has to move your transceiver (and
move the *correct* tranceiver if you are using SO2R); I don't think I ever
got this working.

Some day soon maybe we'll be able to press an arrow key to automatically
"move receiver to next signal up the band", instead of having to point and
click.  That would theoretically be much faster than any other method of
S&P, providing a competitive advantage.  The technology is almost there to
do this, but not quite.