[WT-support] Rotor question

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Thu Jul 23 20:25:22 CEST 2009

There seems to be a bug in wtRotators version 1.0.  It doesn't seem to
accept any Win-Test commands if the "Antenna Name" column is left blank.
Try putting a name like "Yagi" in there:

   1. wtRotators window: Controllers | Edit | *your rotator name*
   2. Select an unused COM port
   3. Enter a rotator name like "HyGain"
   4. *Enter an Antenna name like "Yagi" on line 1*.  Leave everything else
   blank.
   5. Do not check "rotation limits" unless you have a side-mounted antenna
   that can't rotate the full 360°
   6. Press [OK]
   7. Back in Win-Test, enter a callsign and press [Ctrl]+[F12]
   8. Do you see any messages in the wtRotators Window?  If not, verify that
   both Win-Test and wtRotators are using the loopback address 127.255.255.255
   port 9871.

Note:  wtRotators opens *two *windows, and one is minimized at start-up.
The minimized window is the one you want to look at, so activate it from the
Windows Task Bar.

I see messages like this when I enter a call in Win-Test and press
[Ctrl]+[F12]:

COM1 to HyGain: opened
Set HyGain rotator to: 304
Set HyGain rotator to: 028

But the "Set" messages stop if I blank out the "Antenna Name" column.