[WT-support] V4 Nightly build now avail. + WT 4.1.0-dev fix list

hank.k8dd hank.k8dd at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 19:49:59 CEST 2009

It would be nice if it were named          wt_dev4.1.0.zip
And name the file in the zip          wt_dev4.1.0.exe

That would make it easier to keep track of what version you are using, and
easier to back up a version, if need be.

73    Hank    K8DD

On Wed, Jul 22, 2009 at 1:26 PM, Bob Wilson, N6TV <n6tv at arrl.net> wrote:

> I see that the developers recently added the following password-protected
> directory to the Win-Test download web site:
>
> http://download.win-test.com/v4/nightly/
>
> Thank you!
>
> Win-Test 4.1.0-dev (not to be confused with the official release, Win-Test
> 4.0.1) is available only there (at present).  Extract wt_dev.zip to your
> Win-Test 4 installation folder.  Remember to run *wt_dev.exe* rather than
> wt.exe to test the fixes.
>
> When reporting bugs, please be sure to include the release you are using.
> The official bug report web site is http://bugs.win-test.com .
>
> According to http://download.win-test.com/v4/nightly/release.txt, a lot of
> things are already fixed in WT 4.1.0-dev :
>
> 4.1.0
>
> - Bugfixes in Contest Recorder:
>     - Infinite loop in MP3 file rotations. Tks DD5FZ.
>     - Memory Leak using LAME encoder.
>     - MP3 Codec enumeration in the player. WT was not always detecting
>       the appropriate Codec.
>     - Playback with Windows VISTA. Note that the LAME Codec is
>       an Encoder Codec only.
>
> - M2/Orion rotators added in wtRotators. Tks IK0HBN.
>
> - The RRTC Cabrillo files are now following the version 3 specs.
>   And the contest name is modified as "OZCHR". Tnx F5VIH/SV3SJ.
>
> - CW and RTTY msgs enlarged to 120 characters.
>
> - Extra information files : Multiple spaces or tabs can now separate
>   the callsign from the data. Tnx G0ORH.
>
> - New File dialog : Ensures the validity of the entered file name.
>   Tnx DJ7MGQ.
>
> - ESM : S&P : When the entered callsign is a dupe, WT now blocks call.
>   To override this behaviour, use F4 to call and F2 to send exchange
>   (by default). Tnx GW3NJW.
>
> - VHF+ contests : Mode is now displayed in the main log wnd if the
>   contest has been set to handle several modes (Mixed or All modes).
>   Tnx DK2ZF and DL5NAH.
>
> - Bugfix : After a WT v3 file conversion, the main window caption was
>   not updated.
>
> - Bugfix : MP3 files information : The file date was off by one
>   month. Tnx F5VIH/SV3SJ.
>
> - Bugfix : Cabrillo Import : The station name for all worked QSO was
>   CABRILLO. Now, it uses the name entered in the Contest Settings
>   dialog. Tnx F5VIH/SV3SJ.
>
> - Bugfix : Callsign text color wasn't reset after F11 or empty
>   callsign if the callsign check wasn't automatic. Tnx DJ0ZY.
>
> - Bugfix : Delete QSO : Several structures inconstancies fixed when
>   a Q was deleted in the middle of the log.
>
> - Bugfix: In REG1TEST exports (European Standard File for V/UHF
>   Contests), QSO logged in mode different than CW or SSB was not well
>   formatted. Tks DL5NAH.
>
> - Bugfix : Options / Log / Colors...  menu was broken. Tnx F5LIW.
>
> - Bugfix : Check Country wnd (F10) : Sun status bars now display
>   "NO DATA" when SS and SR are not computed (JW, JX etc.). Tnx DJ0ZY.
>
> - Bugfix (Task #245) : Network advanced settings : The Bridgehead
> [...]

"I knew that God put me on this earth to be on the radio."    Ed Bradley

"Me too!"    K8DD
-