[WT-support] MASTER.SCP

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Sat Jul 18 03:31:35 CEST 2009

I have had the best luck when renaming it DEFAULT.SCP, as this name will not
be overridden by contest-specific check partial files or databases (which
may be old and out of date).  If you have both MASTER.SCP and VHF.DTB,
Win-Test will use VHF.DTB.  If you have both DEFAULT.SCP and VHF.DTB,
Win-Test will use DEFAULT.SCP.

See http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/Check_Partial_and_Np1_Files

You can see which check partial file is being used (including the release
number), by right-clicking on one of the Check Partial windows and selecting
"Used files list".

Win-Test deliberately disables the display of the VER20090705 "fake"
callsign.  Otherwise it would always show up when you typed "VE".

In Win-Test 4, these files are located in {appdata}\Win-Test\databases,
which is the shorthand we're using for:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Win-Test\databases\