[WT-support] WT4 and Vista

Steef PA2A pa2a at xs4all.nl
Fri Jul 17 22:40:34 CEST 2009

Hi Olivier,

I have the mp3 recorder working now but there are still problems as you
write. On a laptop with XP Home, the LAME encoder also crashes the program.
The virtual memory is filled within a few seconds here, I use only RAM and
no swap file on the harddisk.

To be able to record with the sound card in the Microham Digi Keyer I had to
set this as the recorder in the audio properties in Windows. Settings in
Win-Test do not work so I also had to set the laptop soundcord as the
player.

To replay the qso 's it is necessary to stop the recorder, and then start
and stop it again. If this is not done the program responds with: No records
at this time.

I saw some other error messages and even ZoneAlarm was stopped by something
while Win-test was crashing on two different computers. I hope that it will
be fixed because the recorder is a fine tool.

73 's Steef PA2A