[WT-support] IOTA CONTEST - reserving serial numbers - hiding QSO number column

Juha Rantanen oh6xx at kolumbus.fi
Thu Jul 16 07:38:43 CEST 2009

"Bob Wilson, N6TV" [n6tv at arrl.net] kirjoitti:
> On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 4:05 PM, Filipe Lopes <ct1ilt at sapo.pt> wrote:
>
> > we are preparing the IOTA Contest this year and I remember last year we had
> > some trouble with having 2 stations with same serial number. Anyone can
> > tell
> > me how no to do this?
>

> It's OK to give two stations the same serial number as long as this is
> accurately recorded in your Cabrillo file.  See below.

No it is not in IOTA contest. See exchange part from the rules:

6. EXCHANGE
Send RS(T) and serial number starting from 001, plus IOTA reference number if applicable (island stations MUST include the IOTA reference as part of their exchange). Do not use separate numbering systems for CW and SSB. Stations may be contacted on both CW and SSB on each band. Multi-operator entrants may find it convenient to allocate separate blocks of serial numbers for the run and multiplier stations, but do ensure if possible that there is no duplication of serial numbers.

We were thinking of doing IOTA multi-opt his year by starting the mult station numbering from high enough, maybe from 5001 or so.

Juha OH6XX