[WT-support] IOTA CONTEST - reserving serial numbers - hiding QSO number column

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Thu Jul 16 01:18:09 CEST 2009

On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 4:05 PM, Filipe Lopes <ct1ilt at sapo.pt> wrote:

> we are preparing the IOTA Contest this year and I remember last year we had
> some trouble with having 2 stations with same serial number. Anyone can
> tell
> me how no to do this?

It's OK to give two stations the same serial number as long as this is
accurately recorded in your Cabrillo file.  See below.

> Is there any way when the RUN station is working a station the MULT station
> knows and the number in RUN is locked and the Mult gives the next number?

No.

> sometimes it happens if you working two stations at the same time you give
> away the same serial, so one of the contacts will not be valid, right?

If you send the same QSO number to two stations, but then when you press
[Enter] the number of one the QSOs changes, use Edit | Edit serial number to
change the "Sent No." column to match what you actually sent.  Note that the
"QSO" column on the left does *not* change after you edit the number, only
the "Sent No." column (next to 59 or 599).

To avoid confusing QSO number with sent serial number, it is a really good
idea to hide the QSO number column:

   1. Right click on the Data Entry window (or Win-Test background)
   2. Select Log | Hide QSO numbers

Now your eye will only look at the "Sent No." column when giving out serial
numbers.