[WT-support] V4 Mp3

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Wed Jul 15 22:45:06 CEST 2009

On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 8:24 AM, Jorge Taboada <ea9lz at hotmail.com> wrote:

> where can I have information step by step how to work with V4 and Mp3? or
> maybe somebody can tell me a easy step by step.....

Information will be published in the Win-Test Wiki when the volunteer
editors can find some time to add info. about all the new features (maybe
some will get done this upcoming weekend).

In the mean time, try:

   1. Start Win-Test 4
   2. Select Options | MP3 Configuration from the menu, and select your
   sound card
   3. Select Windows | Contest Recorder from the menu
   4. Press the red record button to start audio recording
   5. Adjust your sound card recording level via Start | Control Panel |
   Sounds and Audio Devices | Audio tab | Sound recording - [Volume]
   Be sure to select "Line In" or "Mic" as the recording input, depending on
   what is connected to your radio.  For a microHAM MK2R+, select "USB Audio
   Device" for recording, and your system sound card for playback.
   6. Right click on the Contest recorder and read the choices
   7. Hover the mouse pointer over the other buttons to see what they do.

To play back a QSO, move the cursor to the QSO, and press [AltGr]+[Enter] or
right click on the Contest Recorder and select "Play QSO".