[WT-support] ESM functionality

Steve London n2icarrl at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 16:55:21 CEST 2009

As an N1MM Logger user, seeing this discussion is like deja vu. The N1MM users
could never reach a clear consensus on the "correct" operation of ESM in S&P
mode. The solution in N1MM was to add the so-called "big gun switch"
configuration checkbox. When the big gun switch is "on", the first time you hit
Enter, it sends your call. The next time you hit Enter, it sends the exchange.
If you need to send your call again before sending the exchange, it requires
hitting the "mycall" function key. When the big gun switch is "off", hitting
Enter will continue to send your call until you use the spacebar to move the
cursor into the exchange field. At that point, hitting Enter will send the exchange.

Laurent and Olivier, save your self endless grief and bandwidth on this issue
and add a "big gun switch" to Win-Test.

73,
Steve, N2IC