[WT-support] V4- Out of Memory

Bob I.2.WIJ i2wij at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 13 16:03:16 CEST 2009

Hi all,

just installed V.4 and started to play a bit.

Created a new log (IARU HF).
I wanted to test the contest recorder.

As soon as I go to Options|MP3 configuration...
I get the  Out Of Memory   little window.

Clicking OK
it does Open the MP3 Preference Configuration window but
there are some info lacking:

Sample Rate is 8000 Hz
Bit Rate is Blank
and also the pull down list is void.
Clicking on Stereo, appears the approx Byte Rate
10MB/hour  -  247MB/day
and the Bit Rate is now at 24kBit/s
and the pull down list is populated
Clicking back on Mono, nothing  change and the list is still
populated, so changing to 16kBit/s update the Approx rate
to 6MB/hour  164MB/day.
Clicking OK to confirm MP3 configuration
apparently nothing happens, but in a few seconds
the Rate windows becomes blank (blue is the background colour)
but is void of info, and another Out of Memory little windows
pops-up.
You need to click many times, 3 or 4, to get the window closed.

Doing nothing but just move the cursor over the menu bar
File menu and Edit menu, after few seconds the Out of Memory
comes out again and you are not able to closed it anymore,
clicking on OK does nothing, and after some clicks the rate
windows blaks again, and only the first raws are there
(the rate info raws) continuing clicking on OK
the Rate windows comes back to normal but the Out of Memory
never closes, until continuing clicking on OK, WT crashes.

DELL Laptop Latitude 610
Window XP Pro, SP3, IE8.0

Help!!

--