[WT-support] Rotator

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Wed Jul 8 00:04:54 CEST 2009

On Tue, Jul 7, 2009 at 2:33 PM, I4UFH HRS <i4ufh at hamradiosolutions.com>wrote:

> Should Shift F12 be enabled automatically ?

In my humble opinion, no.

Mean during Call typing after the country and the prefix has been decoded ,
> where WT is mostly sure that the typed characters are a sort of valid call,
> obeing also at the K1TTT rules, does WT send over the network the SP
> heading
> without pressing Shift F12 ?

I certainly hope not.  I don't want my rotator moving a few degrees left or
right every time I make a QSO when running a pileup.  When doing S&P or
SO2R, I don't want my antenna turning every time I type a callsign, becaues
the more you use a rotator, the sooner it will wear out.  I even had an old
Orion with a heat sensor in the motor that would open whenever the rotator
got too hot.  It would take an hour of cooling before it would start working
again.  I got rid of that rotator a long time ago.

If doing SO2R, it would only make sense to rotate when YOU decide it is time
to work the multiplier, not every time you type a call in the secondary
radio window (including dupes and non-mults)?