[WT-support] WT vs FT-817

Rudolf Schwenger Rudolf.Schwenger at t-online.de
Wed Jan 7 21:45:25 CET 2009

I want to take part in the forthcoming DARC-10m Contest on Sunday.
I am using V23.

WT does generate CW code - I can hear it in the loudspeaker of the NB. Furthermore WT is perfectly able to copy both the frequency of the FT-817 - I can see the frequency in the band map of WT - as well as the mode, SSB respectively CW. So there is communication between WT and the FT-817.

However I cannot get WT to cause the FT-817 to generate RF-signals from the morse code.

Here are my settings:

(1) I am using the physical COM port of the NB (Windows XP) which is connected to the ACC socket of the FT-817 by means of a home made cable.
(2) I have configured COM 1 (Radio 1) as 8N2 at 4800 Baud and I have assigned Pin 4 to CW and Pin 7 to PTT. I have also tried it the other way round, i.e. Pin 4 to PTT and Pin 7 to cw to no avail.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!!

vy 73 de Rudolf, DJ3WE