[WT-support] RTTY Roundup Questions

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Mon Jan 5 23:15:52 CET 2009

2009/1/4 <Ray.Fallen at gmail.com>

> Somehow I wound up clicking the Invert FSK box in EXTFSK...and
> also used RTTY+USB on the FT-2000D in order to make conacts.
> When I clicked on the bandmap to change frequency...it would switch
> the rig to RTTY+LSB. The RTTY transmit and receive polarity in the rig
> (menu options 076 and 077 are both set to reverse...which was required to
> make the radio
> (and my FT-1000MP before it) work. I'm open for suggestions.

See http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/BestPractice1#Yaesu_FT-1000MP_settings .
Then everything will work in RTTY-LSB mode.

One very small item...how do you stop the "overflow" indicator in the MMTTY
> window.

Lower the line level input to your sound card using the Windows Recording
control slider, or if you are using a microHAM MK2R+, turn the
"Recording/Digital" knobs counter-clockwise until the noise level appears
near the bottom of the display.

If you are using a Mic. input, disable Mic. Boost.