[WT-support] COM-LPT

Mario Lorenz ml-wt at vdazone.org
Mon Jan 5 19:04:32 CET 2009

Am 05. Jan 2009, um 15:53:07 schrieb Zenker:
> Hello,
> the new Laptop for our next activity in CT3 (March) is without COM- and LPT-ports (Windows XP, USB2).
> The adapters for COM (TRX) and LPT (CW) are not working (all COM field in Win-Test are pale)
> What can I do or which adapters are working ???

Hello Hardy,

as far as I know, USB LPT ports will not work for CW generation at all
since they are usually programmed directly on the hardware (as opposed
to via printer drivers), and this is not possible via USB.

For COM ports, check the COM port number in the control panel, and
change it to a single-digit number (COM1...COM9). This should get you
your CAT port.
For CW, try CW generation via a second USB interface COM port on the
control lines. While preliminary tests that I have made suggest that
this might work, I havent run this in a "production" environment yet.
If it does not, you will need to get a WinKey keyer (or other hardware
equipment including such a keyer). They work fine via USB.

73s,

Mario

--
Mario Lorenz                            Internet:    <ml at vdazone.org>
                                        Ham Radio:   DL5MLO at DB0ERF.#THR.DEU.EU