[WT-support] RTTY Question...probably a pretty stupid one

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Fri Jan 2 05:26:02 CET 2009

2009/1/1 Ray Fallen <ray.fallen at gmail.com>

> I'm using a microHam USB II Interface, MMTTY and EXTFSK (configured for
> COM7).  In order to get Win-Test to send diddles and text...I had to uncheck
> COM7 in the Options > Configure Interfaces window.  This changed the EXTFSK
> status from NG to OK.
>
> Am I missing something here or when COM7 is enabled in WinTest for PTT/CW
> ... there is a conflict with EXTFSK?

Yes, remember MMTTY (and EXTFSK) are separate programs that operate
independently from  Win-Test.  Two programs cannot use the same COM port at
the same time, even if it is a virtual COM port.  Each program requires
exclusive access.

So, let MMTTY/EXTFSK do all the PTT chores for you when you are in RTTY
mode, and let Win-Test use COM7 for PTT when you are in CW mode.