[WT-support] RTTY "and NOW"

Iain MacDonnell - N6ML ar at dseven.org
Fri Feb 20 19:15:17 CET 2009

TMorton wrote:
> In the wpx rtty contest, I noticed several stations were able to work a
> Q then instead of "tu qrz de w0yk" they sent "cx7tt qsl now cw7t 599
> 002"; someone pse point me in the right direction to be able to do that?

If W-T added a symbol for the previously-logged call, you could
construct a message like:

  $PREVCALL TU NW $LOGGEDCALL $GUESSEXCH $F2

Then you could log the first call, click on the second one, then invoke
this message. See also [1]

This feature has been requested several times, but has not transpired
so-far.

In ARRL RTTY RU, with W-T, in lieu of this feature, I kludged it by
hitting escape during the "TU" message and then starting to work the
next call before my CQ. Not quite as slick, but it worked some of the
time.

N1MM allows stacking of multiple calls, and working through them with