[WT-support] Passing Multipliers suggestion - click on [Alt-J] window to generate a PSE QSY TO message

Bob Wilson, N6TV n6tv at arrl.net
Wed Feb 18 22:59:14 CET 2009

Sending "NW PSE QSY xxxx" is something all top single-ops and Multi-Ops do
to move a multiplier, but in Win-Test today, there is currently no way to
automatically generate a message such as:

   QSL NW PSE QSY 7038 7038 OK?   (where 7038 is the current run frequency
of the 40m station at a multi-op).

(The $FREQP and $FREQS message variables can be used to send the frequency
of the primary and secondary radios, but that is not very useful at a
multi-op).

Suggested enhancement:  use the Multi-Op [Alt-J] Status Window
<http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/Menu:Windows#Status>for this purpose.

Currently, double-clicking on any frequency displayed in the Status Window
will tune the current radio to that frequency, but that seems like a really
*dangerous feature*, because it could easily put two high power radios on
the same band at a multi-op.  Has anyone ever used this feature?

Instead, I'd like to suggest that if one *single*-clicks on a frequency *of
some other station* in the network, Win-Test, immediately sends the contents
of the new "PSEQSY" macro.  The $PSEQSY message variable could be
programmable via a new line in the "Options" tab of the CW Messages
window<http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/Menu:Options#Modify_standard_messages...>,
underneath the $QSOB4 message box, e.g.

   $PSEQSY macro sends:  QSL NW PSE QSY $FREQ $FREQ OK?

where $FREQ is the frequency you clicked on in the [Alt-J] window (Radio 1,
Radio 2, or QSY Freq).  I think the double-click feature should be removed.

I think using the Status window would be much quicker than than trying to
use the Alt-D Pass a Multiplier
Window<http://docs.win-test.com/wiki/Multi-op/Passing>for this
purpose, unless it is significantly improved.  That window has a
drop-down list of stations on the network, so it is cumbersome to use, and
besides, it doesn't actually send any "PSE QSY messages" the way you might
expect it to.